Healing Sessions FAQ and Practitioner Listings
RCGW offers reiki healing or shamanic crystal healing sessions for the following healing goals:
- Pain Reduction
- Helping the Body to Heal Itself
- Emotional Body Memory Release
- Wellness Maintenance
We see clients at our business offices in Rockville, Maryland. Please note that our offices are on the second floor, but we have an accessible lift for those needing assistance. We are about 14 steps up from the ground floor.
What happens during a Reiki or intuitive Session?
The session begins with a discussion of a bit of the life history of the client. This assists the practitioner in determining the direction the healing session may take. The client is asked some basic health and treatment information to find any contraindications to Reiki. The practitioner then asks the client for any goals he or she may have for the session.
Next, the client is encouraged to get comfortable by loosening clothing or removing shoes and jewelry. The client lies first on his or her back on a Reiki table fully-clothed. The practitioner places his hands lightly on or just above the body, usually starting at the head and working down towards the feet. The session is usually conducted with relaxing music and also may incorporate additional healing sounds, if desired by the client.
Once the energy is flowing smoothly at the front of the body, the client usually is encouraged to roll over and the healing continues on the back.
The client is encouraged to breathe deeply and relax and often feels a sense of flowing heat, coolness or tingling.
Who is most likely to benefit from Reiki healing?
- People who need to relax and get more balanced.
- People who wish to use Reiki to assist them in their current course of medical or psychological treatment.
- People open to complementary or alternative therapies.
- People who are working on developing their own wellness and not looking for a “magic pill” to do the work for them.
How does the Reiki energy work to provide healing?
- The client’s “Inner Healer” or immune system draws the energy into the energy field or aura. This helps to eliminate energetic “blockages” that are often one source of pain. With the clearing of these blockages, the client’s full energy can be used for achieving homeostasis or balance.
- Please note that Reiki is not a “cure” for a particular medical or psychological problem. The session simply gives energy to support the client in his or her own healing. We do not diagnose conditions or provide medical or psychological treatment.
- Many clients report that they feel more relaxed and balanced after a session, while also feeling a greater sense of energy and well-being.
Does my belief in Reiki (or my skepticism) create a placebo effect that does the healing?
- One of the best ways to convince a skeptic of this type of healing is to give a brief session and let him or her judge for him or herself.
- Belief has little to do with the success or failure of a treatment, however, the client must be willing to accept the energy that is provided.
- Practitioners only provide energy to those wishing to receive it. We do not “decide” for a potential client whether or not the energy is needed. The client is in control of the session at all times.
- Reiki is available from RCGW at our Center or your location within 30 miles of Rockville, Maryland (for hands-on sessions) or any area (for distant).
Who does the healing at The Reiki Center of Greater Washington?
- RCGW is the practice of David L. Gleekel, CRMT. He, his associates Reynold Pierre-Louis and Teresa Hernandez Santos, and his students participate in giving healings at Reiki Shares and Reiki Student Clinics.
- All energy practitioners at RCGW have been trained in a variety of modalities and have had a minimum of 100 contact hours (most well in excess of that).
- Please see our Practitioner Bios below for a summary of our staff’s training.
- David L. Gleekel
David did his B.A. in Linguistics in 1982 from the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin and his Master of Business Administration in 1989 from The American University in Washington, D.C.
- David began his healing studies with a Crystal Healing course with Lou Ciociola at the Institute for Spiritual Development in 1994.
- He studied Shamanic Healing with Crystals from 2000 through 2005 with Herb Stevenson, a Cherokee healer from Chagrin Falls, Ohio.
- David began his Reiki training in March 1998 with an Usui Reiki I and II course with Liz Tarr, an Essential Reiki student of Diane Stein.
- David became a Certified Usui Reiki Master/Teacher in October 1998 with Marie Ciociola, an Independent Reiki Master teaching in the Traditional Usui style in Brandywine, Maryland.
- In August 2001, he became a Certified Healer at the Institute for Spiritual Development in Washington, D.C.
- In November 2001, he became a Registered Karuna Reiki (R) Master/Teacher with Laurelle Shanti Gaia, the Director of Teaching Licensing for the International Center for Reiki Training in Southfield, Michigan, student of William Rand. William Rand is the Director of the International Center and had three Reiki Masters as his teachers. Two of them were from the lineage of Iris Ishikuro (the Independent lineage) and one of them was from the lineage of Phyllis Lei Furomoto (the Traditional lineage).
- In June 2003, David became a Certified Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki Master with Carole Wright. Carole is of the Traditional Reiki lineage and trained SSR students at Special Treasures in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- In July 2004, David studied Wolf Medicine in the Shamanic Healing tradition of Herb Stevenson in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. This showed how to utilize power animals in healing.
- From October 2004 through May of 2005, David was attuned to Lightarian Reiki levels I through IV by Mary Ruth Van Landingham at Terra Christa in Vienna, Virginia. This assisted him in using Ascended Master energy in doing healing. He completed his Lightarian Reiki training with a level V and VI class from Diane Ruth Shewmaker, Mary Ruth’s teacher, and the originator of the Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki healing system.
- In July 2005, David attended a ONE Energy Therapy class taught by Mari Hall, the developer of that system and author of Practical Reiki. This is a touch-point system that can work parallel to Reiki to assist in balancing the meridians of the body.
- In March 2006, David attended Shoden/Okuden (Beginner/Advanced), and Shinpiden (Mystery) workshops in the Usui Reiki Ryoho system taught by Amy Rowland, the author of Traditional Reiki for Our Times. This system is the Reiki system that was originally developed by Dr. Mikao Usui as it is currently practiced in Japan.
- From August through November 2006, David received attunements and instruction in the Lightarian Rays (TM) from Lightarian Ray Facilitator and Reiki Master Eric Fang. The Rays include six attunements which assist students and clients in building their energy fields.
- Beginning in September 2006 , David attended a series of three SKHM workshops facilitated by Diane Ruth Shewmaker. He now uses this technique in sessions and as part of his SSR classes. He completed his SKHM Client Facilitation certification with Diane in October 2007.
- In October 2006, David attended a workshop with Amy Rowland in Reiki and Intuition. This workshop broadened the uses for Reiki to include Intuitive uses such as communication with the subconscious and descriptions on the aura or past lives.
- From June through August 2007, David received instruction and attunements in the Lightarian AngelLinks (TM) from Dolores Burrus.
- From 2006 through 2008, David received instruction in the Integrated Energy Therapy (R) technique with Diane Ruth Shewmaker. In February 2009, he completed his IET Master-Instructor training with Karen Puglia.
- In 2008, David received his Gendai Reiki training with Amy Rowland.
- In 2015, David became an Integrated Energy Therapy ® Master Instructor instructed by Maria Kramer and Stevan Thayer. This allows him to teach IET Master-Instructors.
- In 2017, David was part of a one-year study program in Shamanic Reiki Master/Teacher training. This qualified him to teach Shamanic Reiki I or II courses.
When are sessions available?
David Gleekel: Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional other days by appointment.
Initial sessions usually take ninety minutes to two hours to give you and the practitioner sufficient time to cover your healing history and set the healing goals. Most ongoing sessions last about 60 to 75 minutes.
What do sessions cost?
- 45-minute “Reiki Student Clinic “ sessions at the Center, $20.00 ($5.00 for RCGW students)
- 60-minute “Brief” sessions at the Center, the cost will be $90 ($80 for RCGW students) for Associates or $110 for David Gleekel ($100 for RCGW students)
- 75-minute “Regular” sessions at the Center, the cost will be $110 ($100 for RCGW students) or $130 for David Gleekel ($120 for RCGW students)
- 90-minute “Full” sessions at the Center, the cost will be $130.00 ($120.00 for RCGW students) or $150 for David Gleekel ($140 for RCGW students)
- 120-minute “Deep” sessions at the Center, the cost will be $170.00 ($160 for RCGW students) or $190 for David Gleekel ($170 for RCGW students).
- Time for sessions over 120 minutes is the “deep session” price, with additional time charged at $20 per quarter hour.
- Travel sessions at your location up to two hours, $190 plus 60 cents per mile roundtrip from Rockville, Maryland.
- Sessions are also available in prepaid packages of three at a 10% discount.
RCGW students receive a $10 discount on healing sessions on a per session basis.
- The above pricing is effective June 2019 and may be changed without notice. If you need Reiki healing services from the center, but have circumstances that create difficulty paying the above rates, please contact us. We will try to find an option that is affordable for you. If you would like to assist us in our Reiki Angels (TM) program that helps us provide low or no cost sessions, please click here.
Please prepay for your first session at RCGW with a credit card by clicking here.
How often do the effects of a Reiki session last?
We have found that the effects from a Reiki session usually are strongest during the seven to ten days immediately following the session. Many clients come regularly while they are working on a wellness improvement plan. Some clients choose to come monthly to maintain their overall wellness or just to relieve tension.
If you elect to receive a Healing or Practitioner Attunement, in addition to your session, the strongest effects will be in the 21 days following the session. Attunements are a type of session that “imprints” the Reiki energy onto your chakras, allowing them to channel it at will. They let you give yourself healing between sessions.