Healing Sessions Questions
What Happens in Healing Session?
- Before beginning a Healing session, the practitioner has the client tell him or her about the client’s physical, emotional and energetic state of being. Then, the client is asked to choose one or more healing intentions.
- During a Healing session, the client lies on a massage table fully-clothed, usually starting on the back and then turning over on the stomach. The practitioner places his or her hands lightly on the body, or just above, usually starting at the head and working down towards the feet. The client is encouraged to relax and often feels a sense of flowing heat, coolness, or tingling.
- Healing Sessions may be accompanied with music or other sounds such as bells or drums, depending on what the client prefers.
How does the Healing energy work to provide healing?
The client's "inner healer" or immune system draws the energy into the energy field or aura. This helps to eliminate energetic "blockages" that are often one source of pain. With the clearing of these blockages, the client's full energy can be used for achieving homeostasis or balance.
What are some of the effects that Healing clients report?
- During the healing session, clients often report feelings of temperature change, tingling, movement or flow, and deep relaxation.
- Many clients say these feelings are similar to meditation.
- Clients also report increased urgency of deep breaths, digestive gurgles, and a need to use the restroom, sometimes during or after, the session.
- After the session, Clients say that they feel more relaxed and balanced, while also feeling a greater sense of energy and well-being. Most clients feel that the effects of a healing session last for days or weeks after the session.
Healing Workshop Questions
Can anyone learn Reiki, or just people who are "psychic" or "gifted"?
- Anyone willing to receive the energy and to practice can learn Reiki.
- Students often notice an increase in their intuitive abilities during and after participating in a Healing workshop. The most common abilities to awaken are often Clairsentience (intuitive feeling), and Claircognizance (intuitive knowing), but many students experience other abilities as their training and practice deepen.
What causes the Reiki energy to become activated in a new practitioner?
- The initiation or attunement given by the Master (also known as the teacher or instructor), a customized Healing Session devoted to raising the frequency of the chakra or energy system, causes the energy to flow in the new practitioner. In addition to these attunements, the Reiki Master teaches the hand positions (in level one), the symbols (in level two), as well as other topics designed to assist in connecting with the client and assisting him or her in achieving wellness.