Usui Reiki is named for Mikao Usui, the founder of the Usui System of Natural Healing, known as Usui Shiki Ryoho in Japanese, meaning the Usui System of Natural Healing. This is the “official” name of what we call Reiki in the West. This system is the first healing system that is the foundation of all the other branches of Reiki that have been developed from it over the past 25 years.
RCGW usually teaches in the “traditional Western ” style, called Usui Shiki Ryoho, supplemented with the Eastern style, Usui Reiki Ryoho. Occasionally, we usually offer a Master-level course that covers the historical Usui Reiki Ryoho Eastern system as it was presented by Hiroshi Doi, a Japanese Reiki teacher, to groups of Western Reiki Masters as part of the Usui Reiki Ryoho International conferences in the 1990s and 2000s.
This training is historical in nature and, as far as we know from what Mr. Hiroshi Doi, a member of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai (Society) has taught, it is not the current practice of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai, the organization that Mikao Usui founded, that continued after his death in 1926.
Usui Reiki Ryoho – Shoden
This is a one-day 6-hour class, taught from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a one-hour break for lunch. We usually break to a local restaurant as a group.
PREREQUISITE: No prerequisite other than an openness to learning about energy.
- The Story of Reiki from 1865 as taught by the Gakkai
- Three Attunements and Guided Meditations
- The Reiki Principles or Gokkai
- Practice with Self-Healing
- Practice with Healing Others in one-to-one, two-to-one, and group sessions.
- Gassho Meditation Technique
- Kenyoku-ho Dry Brushing Technique
- Byosen Reikan-ho Scanning Technique
- Jaki-kiri-joka-ho Object Clearing Technique
- Reiji-ho Spirit Connection Technique