The Reiki Center of Greater Washington, the full-time professional practice of David L. Gleekel, Certified Reiki Master/Teacher, is an educational and healing organization which seeks to support the healing of its community in the Washington, DC metro area through healing sessions and events, classes, shares, clinics, drumming circles, workshops, retreats, and speakers, and donations to community not-for-profit organizations.
To find out about our lineage, click here
We also offer our community many ways to get involved. Clients can become students or RCGW members. RCGW Students can become Associate Practitioners at the Center and see clients themselves. Experienced students can join the practice as one of our staff, or, if they prefer, rent space at reasonable rates.
Our focus is on creating a community of “Reiki People”; by that we mean people open to healing and personal growth through energy healing modalities. We also seek to link the Washington, DC healing community with others around the world. We do this through membership participation in professional associations such as the International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP), The Better Business Bureau (BBB) (https://www.bbb.org:443/) and The American Holistic Health Association, (https://ahha.org/) as well as hosting other practitioners with interesting healing techniques, and sending distant healing upon request. We contribute 5% of our net session and course income to not-for-profit public service and health organizations to facilitate healing of communities in other ways.
We also support the concept of Earth Healing and healing of the Metro D.C. and community through both monetary and volunteer donations and distant healings at no charge upon request. We are currently doing volunteer reiki healing and volunteer support efforts at The Whitman-Walker Clinic, an HIV/AIDS support organization in Washington, D.C. (www.wwc.org). Other organizations we are supporting with our contributions are: House of Ruth (www.houseofruth.org), a support organization for abused women and children, Habitat for Humanity (www.habitat.org), an organization that assists in building affordable houses for people who need them, and Southern Poverty Law Center’s tolerance project (www.tolerance.org) , an organization that teaches the concept of tolerance around the United States.
Reiki Retreats and Workshops are currently held at our location near the Town Center in Rockville, Maryland or at retreat locations near
- Harrisonburg, Virginia (at Massanutten Resort)
- Sedona and Phoenix, Arizona,
- Rehoboth Beach, Delaware,
- Minneapolis, Minnesota,
- Denver, Colorado
- the Hawaiian Islands and
- throughout the United States.
If you would like to host a class with at least six students, we would be glad to talk to you about our teaching at your location.
For our upcoming Retreat Workshop information at Power Places around the World, please see our specialized website at www.reikivacations.com.
For our Shamanic Healing workshop and drumming circle information through our Center for the Inner Healer location in Rockville, Maryland, please click here for our specialized website at www.innerhealercenter.org.
- RCGW sends an electronic reminder to clients 48 hours in advance. Clients not able to keep their appointments must notify us 24 hours in advance to change them. If they do not keep their appointment for any reason other than a legitimate emergency, they will owe 100% of the cost of the session missed.
- All RCGW class tuition payments are non-refundable, but may be applied to another RCGW class or service within one year of the original class. To transfer your registration to another class, there must be space available and you must let us know at least one week in advance. If RCGW ever cancels a class (such as for inclement weather), students are given the option of a refund of tuition or an alternate scheduled date.
- By attending any RCGW event, any student attending or assisting agrees that he or she will respect the personal rights and privacy of each attendee or instructor. Anyone not doing so will be asked to leave without reimbursement of any tuitions paid and will owe and pay any remaining funds through the time attended.
- RCGW will not disclose any information revealed in any healing event, class, or session to anyone that has not been authorized in writing by the owner of the information or their legally-designated representative.
- RCGW will attempt reasonable accommodation for anyone reporting a disability at least two weeks in advance of any scheduled event or class.
Reiki Center of Greater Washington COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Policy
January 5, 2022
Effective today, the following policy will be implemented at RCGW for all visitors, clients, students, and staff at our center:
- All in-person visits will require the person to have been vaccinated for COVID-19 at least one month before the visit, unless the visitor has a current negative COVID-19 test completed at most three days ahead of the visit.
- All in-person visits will also require a temperature and symptom check. If the visitor is found to have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or more than three Covid-19 symptoms, the visit will be rescheduled.
- All visitors, clients, students and staff at our center must wear masks while residing at the center, unless in the process of drinking or eating.
- In the event that a person is not able to take get vaccinated, get tested, or wear a mask, RCGW will encourage him or her to utilize our videoconferencing capabilities for sessions. classes or workshops.
- Staff and clients will wash hands before any event or session.
- All surfaces touched by clients or students will be cleaned before and after each use.