The Reiki Center of Greater Washington offers training classes and workshops in a number of energy modalities, including Usui Reiki, Gendai Reiki, Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki, Karuna Reiki (R), Lightarian (R), Integrated Energy Therapy (R), and Shamanic Healing and Journeying using Crystals.
Below is a listing of the modalities,
followed by a detailed explanation of each class offering. To see our lineage for each modality, please click here.
| Karuna Reiki
Shamanic Crystal Workshops | Integrated Energy Therapy(R)
Usui Reiki is the foundation of
all other Reiki-based systems. In our classes, we teach a combination of the Western Usui Shiki Ryoho and the Eastern Usui Reiki Ryoho systems. Normally, students take the Usui Reiki
I course as their entry into RCGW course offerings. This is
followed by either the Usui Reiki II or the Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki
I-II courses at least one month later. We suggest that the student complete a combination of ten Reiki healing sessions before registering for any second level course.
Integrated Energy Therapy (R) begins with the Basic level, a one-day class of eight hours.. It is followed by Intermediate and Advanced levels, both also of eight hours each..
Our Crystal classes begin with Crystal Healing I or Crystal Journeying I and continue as you deepen your connections with the crystal and shamanic healing process. Each of our classes at the introductory level are one day, followed by one or two day classes at the upper levels of training.
Training beyond our level two classes requires the student to spend some time in practice and self-development. RCGW assists with this by providing opportunities to practice (our Reiki and IET Shares and Reiki and IET Student Clinics, as well as our Reiki Practitioner and Master Practice Groups). We also meet with students individually as they are thinking about how they want to continue their development.
We strongly suggest that students complete 60 documented sessions after they have completed their level two training before registering for a Master-level practitioner course. This is because a large part of the experience of Reiki is in the connection to the client (and the self) which occurs in the healing process. We encourage our teacher students to have completed 100 documented sessions, at least half of which have been hands-on.
Level II students who have completed 60 documented sessions and three healing courses may want to join the RCGW Internship program to have the opportunity to see clients professionally at RCGW. For more information about this program, please click here.
RCGW encourages our students to continue on their healing paths with a variety of programs after formal training. This begins after level two training, when students are able to assist at up to three level one or two classes to deepen their knowledge before they take their Master training. After Master training with us in at least two modalities, students may apply for our Internship programs, which allow them to work in a professional setting doing sessions or teaching in conjunction with our practitioners or teachers.
Those students who would like to
teach or deepen their healing experience may apply to take
any of our master level courses, usually at least six months
after their level two training. We suggest that our level two students do a minimum of one hundred Reiki healing sessions before applying to take the Master level. For more information click here.
After students have taken their
initial master training, they become eligible to study Karuna
Reiki® or Lightarian Reiki™.
classes begin with traditional Usui
Reiki, the Western version of Reiki as brought
to the West by Hawayo Takata. It is called Usui Shiki Ryoho
in Japanese. Usui Reiki is taught in three classes:
We also offer both historical and modern culturally-Japanese courses called Usui Reiki Ryoho and Gendai Reiki. You may find more information about these courses by clicking here.
you have taken Usui Reiki I, you can take
Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki (also known as
SSR), a version of Reiki developed by Diane Ruth Shewmaker
in conjunction with Patrick Zeigler, based on his experiences
in the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt. We strongly suggest having
taken Usui Reiki I before taking the SSR I-II class, however,
if you have already taken other energy healing modalities, you may
take this class as your first Reiki training. We offer this
system as a:
you have completed your Master training in either Usui Reiki
or Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki and have six months practical experience, you
become eligible to take Karuna
Reiki ®, a system developed by William
Rand and the International Center for Reiki Training in Southfield,
Michigan. We offer this system as a:
The Lightarian Institute for Global Human Transformation (LIGHT) in Sedona, Arizona began to offer training in its Lightarian modalities in the late 1990's. RCGW has been offering training in them since 2005.
There are three possible paths in this training:
may take a Lightarian Reiki
after doing any Master class. If you take Lightarian before
you have done Karuna Reiki (R), you need to receive a "Buddhic
Boost" attunement before beginning your training to get
you to the Karuna Reiki level energetically. Lightarian Reiki
is taught in four classes (levels I-II, level III, level IV,
and levels V-VI). Each class is taught in one hour hour segments
that include an attunement, a manual, and a question and answer
period. We then have you practice the attunement and use the
energy in a healing. (Logo and name are registered trademarks
of Lightarian Institute for Global Human Transformation).
- At levels
I-II, you are connected to the Ascended
Master Buddha and can use his healing presence in your healings.
- At level
III, you are connected to Gaia and deepen
your connection to Ascended Master Buddha and can use
them both in your healings.
- At level
IV, you are connected to the Godhead and deepen your connection to Ascended Master Buddha and
can use them to make a healing dome over your healings.
- At levels
V-VI you are connected
to Ascended Master Sananda and deepen your conection to Ascended Buddha and can use the healing presences
Ascended Masters Buddha and Sananda, as well as Gaia and the Godhead to create a healing
chamber into which you can bring your clients or students.
You may also take Lightarian Rays (TM) trainings with RCGW. The Lightarian Rays make connections with a variety of ascended masters for the purpose of personal transformation. Each attunement takes between ninety minutes and two hours. The Rays are the Yang or masculine personal development pathway, one which helps you in your work in the world.
- The Lightarian Empowerment Ray connects you with Ascended Master Maitreya. It is the first Ray that is done and provides an introduction to the Lightarian Ray system. Its theme is Empowering you to do what you need to do.
- The Lightarian Clearing Ray connects you with Ascended Master Maitreya. Its theme is to clear and restructure your chakra system to eliminate the layers that separate you from the Prime Creator (or God).
- The Lightarian Healing Ray connects you with Ascended Master Buddha. Its theme is to bring healing and balance to your life physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- The Lightarian Activation Ray connects you with Ascended Master Sananda. Its theme is to bring a purification to your field and to activate your energy so that it can be at its most effective.
- The Lightarian Manifestation Ray connects you with Ascended Master St. Germaine. Its theme is courage. It seeks to help you bring into your life what you have been afraid to accomplish.
- After the five beginning rays are completed, the Rays are joined through a capstone attunement called the Source Ray. The Source Ray connects you with the Source of our Universe and lets you invite all ascended masters to be a part of your healing journey.
The last Lightarian modality that you may study is the Lightarian AngelLinks (TM) . This is the feminine or yin energy modality that helps you with your personal relationship with yourself at a soul level. There are five AngelLink attunements, beginning with Seraph Rose Aura and then continuing in any order with Archangel Michael, Archangel Uriel, Archangel Raphael, and Archangel Gabriel. Each session takes between sixty and ninety minutes.
- The Lightarian Seraph Rose AngelLink connects you with Seraph Rose Aura and focuses on igniting the purest "flame" of unconditional, angelic love in your heart space. It will serve as your initial introduction to the angelic energies in preparation for the unique and more focused traits connected with in the remaining AngelLinks.
- The Lightarian Michael AngelLink connects you with Archangel Michael and focuses on the primary theme of Love. Secondary themes that Michael has added as part of this AngelLink are to bring the highest vibrational energies of non-judgement to humanity and angelic guidance to assist you in successfully "navigating" within the etheric realms. This support will stimulate and encourage you regarding your possible interests in telephathy, channeling and conscious travel into the etheric realms.
- The Lightarian Gabriel AngelLink connects you with Archangel Gabriel and focuses on the primary theme of Angelic Joy. A secondary theme that he also assists with is improving communications. He helps you be in a place of joy while at the same time communicating more effectively and more lovingly, guiding you to speak more from your heart rather than from the mind or the emotions. He will help you to tap into and begin to trust your own "divine inner communicator" and stimulate an expansion of your inner knowing and intuition.
- The Lightarian Raphael AngelLink connects you with the primary theme of Courage and acts as a leader to help light your way and a divine healer to help you in healing yourself and others. In his assistance with this healing, Raphael helps you return to a natural balance in all areas of your life.
- The Lightarian Uriel AngelLink connects you with Archangel Uriel and focuses on the primary theme of Beauty. This theme assists you in appreciating the circumstances in your life and in creative expression of your talents to create a new sense of beauty around you. This allows us to more clearly see all the beauty that already exists around us. Through the heightening of your senses of angelic openness, patience, acceptance, and receptivity, your existing life conditions, including your sense of Self will be experienced in fresh new ways.
Lightarian training is by appointment.
To register online, click
workshops are offered without prerequisite at our Center
for the Inner Healer home office in Rockville, Maryland for the Crystal Journeying and at our main office in Gaithersburg, Maryland for our Crystal Healing. They are either one or two-day workshops of six or 12 hours.
We suggest that you take a one-day workshop before attempting
the two-day because of the energetic depth of the experience.
View Scheduled Dates>>
Once you take your first class at RCGW, you receive the following membership benefits:
- a discount of $10 off Reiki practitioner sessions or $20 off Reiki Student Clinic sessions
- a discount of $5 off of RCGW Healing Events such as Healing Drumming
or New Moon Meditation Circles, Reiki Shares and Practice Groups
- free admission as a practitioner to our Reiki Student Clinics
- 10% off of Custom Craftworks, Inc. reiki tables
sold by RCGW.
After you take a second-level workshop at RCGW in Usui Reiki or Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki, you may assist at any comparable level one or two class offered, subject to space limitations. We encourage you to assist at a minimum of two classes before applying for the Master/Teacher courses. If you want to assist at one of our classes, have taken the class elsewhere, but not at RCGW, you would need to register as a student to be an assistant.
Taking our Karuna Reiki (R) Practitioner course
gives you a $300 discount towards your Karuna Reiki (R) Master
Taking any master-level course also entitles you to mentoring consultation by appointment
either face-to-face, email, or telephone with the instructor
at $10 off our usual hourly rate.
Sponsor an RCGW Class and receive a free or
discounted course for yourself by providing a location and some
assistance with promotion. If you know a group that would
like to have a class and can provide a space and at least
six students, you would be eligible to receive a free class as a bonus. If
you are interested in sponsoring a course or have questions,
please click here!
Click here to see our Events
Calendar to see the classes listed by type and month.