The Reiki Center of Greater
Washington, the full-time professional practice of David
L. Gleekel, Certified Reiki Master/Teacher, is an educational
and healing organization which seeks to support the healing
of its community in the Washington, DC metro area through
healing sessions and events, classes, shares, clinics,
drumming circles, workshops, retreats, and speakers, and donations
to community not-for-profit organizations.
We also offer our community many ways to get involved. Clients can become students or RCGW members. RCGW Students can become Associate Practitioners at the Center and see clients themselves. Experienced students can join the practice as one of our staff, or, if they prefer, rent space at reasonable rates.
Our focus is on creating a community of "Reiki
People"; by that we mean people open to healing and personal
growth through energy healing modalities. We also seek to
link the Washington, DC healing community with others around
the world. We do this through membership participation in
professional associations such as the International
Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP), The Better
Business Bureau (BBB) (http://www.bbb.org)
and The American Holistic Health Association, (http://ahha.org)
as well as hosting other practitioners with interesting healing
techniques, and sending distant healing upon request. We contribute
5% of our net session and course income to not-for-profit
public service and health organizations to facilitate healing
of communities in other ways.
We also support the concept of Earth Healing
and healing of the Metro D.C. and community through both monetary
and volunteer donations and distant healings at no charge
upon request. We are currently doing volunteer reiki healing
and volunteer support efforts at The Whitman-Walker Clinic,
an HIV/AIDS support organization in Washington, D.C. (www.wwc.org).
Other organizations we are supporting with our contributions
are: House of Ruth (www.houseofruth.org),
a support organization for abused women and children, Habitat
for Humanity (www.habitat.org),
an organization that assists in building affordable houses
for people who need them, and Southern Poverty Law Center’s
tolerance project (www.tolerance.org)
, an organization that teaches the concept of tolerance around
the United States.
Reiki Retreats and Workshops are currently
held at our location near the Town Center in Rockville, Maryland
or at retreat locations near
- Harrisonburg, Virginia (at Massanutten Resort)
- Sedona and Phoenix, Arizona,
- Rehoboth Beach,
- Minneapolis, Minnesota,
- Denver, Colorado
- the Hawaiian Islands
the United States.
If you would like to host a class with at least six students, we would be glad to talk to you about our teaching at your location.
to the Reiki Center of Greater Washington newsletter
For our upcoming Retreat Workshop information
at Power Places around the World, please see our specialized
website at www.reikivacations.com.
For our Shamanic Healing workshop and
drumming circle information through our Center for the Inner
Healer location in Rockville, Maryland, please
click here for our specialized website at www.innerhealercenter.org.
- RCGW sends an electronic reminder to clients 48 hours in advance. Clients not able to keep their appointments must notify us 24 hours in advance to change them. If they do not keep their appointment for any reason other than a legitimate emergency, they will owe 100% of the cost of the session missed.
- All RCGW class tuition payments are non-refundable, but may be applied to another RCGW class or service within one year of the original class. To transfer your registration to another class, there must be space available and you must let us know at least one week in advance. If RCGW ever cancels a class (such as for inclement weather), students are given the option of a refund of tuition or an alternate scheduled date.
- By attending any RCGW event, any student attending or assisting agrees that he or she will respect the personal rights and privacy of each attendee or instructor. Anyone not doing so will be asked to leave without reimbursement of any tuitions paid and will owe and pay any remaining funds through the time attended.
- RCGW will not disclose any information revealed in any healing event, class, or session to anyone that has not been authorized in writing by the owner of the information or their legally-designated representative.
- RCGW will attempt reasonable accommodation for anyone reporting a disability at least two weeks in advance of any scheduled event or class.